Posted on November 18th, 2011 by editor
Thanksgiving is just around the corner.
Like it or not that means a solid month of uncomfortable family get-togethers, stressful travel disasters, and failed attempts at replicating Grandma Carol’s famous sweet potato pie.
As John Wayne one said, “Pilgrim, you cause a lot of trouble!”
But never fear! Friends of the San Francisco Library is to the rescue, with the perfect mix of refreshingly snarky humor, timeless holiday classics, and cool, sophisticated style to keep your spirits up and help you entertain those out-of-town relatives from Des Moines–all available for FREE at the San Francisco Public Library!
We present you with Ten Things You Need to Make It Through the Holidays.
READ–You’ll laugh, you’ll cry. You’ll realize your family is actually…normal?
1. David Sedaris: Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim
2. Mike Bender and Doug Chernack: Awkward Family Photos
3. Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen, Amy Newmark & Susan M. Heim: Chicken Soup for the Soul (any of them really!)
LISTEN–Nothing makes cranberry sauce taste better than jazz trios and vintage lounge music. Trust us.
9. Ultra-Lounge Vol. 5: Wild, Cool & Swingin’
10. Vince Guaraldi Trio: Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus
Filed under: At the Library, Book Lists, Katie Sue Ambellan