Coming up: fun, adventure, and amazing new worlds —all for free! Brace yourself for one of our favorite annual Library programs: Summer Stride: Read. Create. Explore. Summer Stride is SFPL’s all-ages summer learning program, funded in part by Friends.
This is a particularly special Summer Stride because the Library is celebrating the National Park Service’s 100th birthday by bringing the wonders of the national parks to our local branches! As if that isn’t tantalizing enough; the artwork for the program is done by this year’s Effie Lee Morris lecturer (and 2016 Library Laureate!), Christian Robinson. Where do we sign up!? (Here!)
What we’re looking forward to this Summer Stride:
- Joining a park ranger on free shuttles from branch libraries to Lands’ End, the Presidio, Crissy Field, Fort Point, and more.
- Finding inspiration for our next park trip in one of SFPL’s recommended books.
- Checking out the Free Little Libraries at sites across the Golden Gate National Parks.
- Becoming an official “Reading Ranger” by completing the Summer Stride reading program (once you lay eyes on the Commemorative Ranger Badges, you’ll see why!).
- Visiting our local branch libraries to hear the incredible history of San Francisco’s national park sites.
This Weekend: Join us on Saturday, May 7th, for the official Summer Stride kick-off event at Crissy Fields!
Check out all of the upcoming Summer Stride events by downloading the Stride Guide here.