So now that we know what they are reading, we wanted to know what books the 2011 mayoral candidates can’t finish. It seems some of the candidates will never know “the secret,” the mysteries of Sesame Street or the stories of the bible.
Think you can get through what the candidates, try as they might, cannot? All of the books can be checked out for free at the San Francisco Public Library!
Check back tomorrow for part three, where we ask the candidates: what is your favorite branch library and why?
- Jeff Adachi—The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- John Avalos—Light in August by William Faulkner and Finnegans Wake by James Joyce
- David Chiu—Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie
- Bevan Dufty—Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street by Michael Davis
- Tony Hall—The Bible
- Dennis Herrera— American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil and Borrowed Money in the 21st Century by Kevin Phillips
- Joanna Rees—Finished every single book—impressive.
- Phil Ting—Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- Leland Yee—The Family Crucible: The Intense Experience of Family Therapy by Augustus Y. Napier and Carl Whitaker